142’ Palmer Johnson M/Y Lady J is very proud of its star chef Nathaniel Cox who recently placed 3rd in the prestigious Concours de Chef Contest in Antigua, in the Yacht Category (101'–159'). For the competition the vegan-themed menu was judged with a criteria that included Plant-Based Haute Cuisine and Caribbean Luncheon. Renowned Chef Chad Sarno, VP of Culinary Wellness at Rouxbe Online Cooking School was on the judging panel.
In current times, healthy cuisine does not mean a sacrifice in taste or a lack of high-end presentation. This year the well known contest challenged the skills of participating chefs by requiring solely plant-based cuisine.
With the health crisis faced by most western countries, plant-based cuisine is not only trendy, but necessary. This year's competition asked chefs to showcase their best in the realm of plant-centered dishes while offering a healthy luncheon menu. The challenge was to highlight the intersection of delicious and beautifully presented haute cuisine with a healthy plant-based menu.
The competition criteria included:
- Only use 100% plant based ingredients in all dishes
- No dairy or dairy derived ingredients such as cheese, dairy milks, cream, and butter
- No meat, or animal derived products such as eggs, meat, and seafood
- Raw and cooked dishes permitted
- Health should be a key factor when creating each menu
Judging criteria was based on presentation, creativity, taste and healthfulness of the overall menu presented, but other factors were taken into consideration.
Lady J’s Chef Nathaniel wowed the judges with his award-winning menu:
- Galley sprouted mung bean, tamarind glazed grilled plantain, toasted hemp seed, avocado puree.
- Smoked tomato eggplant, tofu, beetroot jelly, quinoa tabouleh.
- Young coconut granita and flesh, papaya, passion fruit, kefir and kale sauce.
Join us for a luxury yacht charter vacation onboard Lady J and experience the finest haute cuisine you have imagined.